Thursday, October 1, 2009

My version of the artsy little clutch.

This gift is fashioned after the Arsty Little Clutch featured in Bend the Rules Sewing by Amy Karol. Again, I won't give you all the details but I will include some photos to give you an idea about how these are put together. I will say again that I love this book. I haven't had an opportunity to check out her new book but I am looking forward to it! I used quilting cotton for the outside and lining of three of these (the black one is lined with Amy Bulter home decor weight fabric). I used some felt I had leftover from last Christmas as a stiffening layer and I will say that it worked great - it really gives the clutches some shape and will be a nice cushion should they be used to store things like ipods, cell phones or makeup. I really love how these turned out.

I used hair elastic for the closure (thanks to everyone who blogged about that ingenious methods)


Once all of the pieces were assembled and sewn together I was left with a little opening (where the material is flipped so it is lined perfectly) to top-stitch. I chose to use some of my decorative cams that came with my Elna and crossed my fingers...


... I am glad I did. I love the detail.


They look so pretty lined up in a row. This is definitely another gift I will have to make for myself when I have some time.





No comments:

Post a Comment