Thursday, April 23, 2009

You made what?

So I recently came upon some information on the internet about making your own butter. Making it at home. Like in the olden days. I was intrigued and a little more excited than normal. I told my husband about it. I stressed the possibility of making organic butter - for a lot less. He also seemed a little more excited than normal. (I think visions of milkmaids were dancing in his head). 

As I continued my research I came upon some info about making your own yogurt. Although the butter instructions seemed simple enough, the yogurt instructions seemed more approachable. I mentioned it to my friend and she said her mother used to make yogurt when she was a kid. I was so stoked I barely heard her add "it tasted weird"

So I did it - I made my own yogurt and it was awesome. AWESOME. It was also super easy. It was also super tasty. Mild and tangy and tasty. Then to add to the deliciousness I strained it through cheesecloth and made it into yogurt cheese. Which is like cream cheese, only better and better for you. 

As I write this I am munching on a crunchy bagel slathered with yogurt cheese. 

I am so making butter next!

No comments:

Post a Comment